The DST management team has expertise in all aspects of transloading.
From an operational standpoint, the DST team has a near perfect operational record, recording only 24 hours of downtime since November 2013, and zero lost-time injuries and zero fatalities. The DST team is always acutely aware of costs, and as such has had positive earnings every quarter since its inception.
The DST management team acted as their own general contractor in the buildout of two transloading facilities, both of which were built ahead of schedule and under budget. Through the design, construction and buildout of these facilities, the DST team has developed expertise in location development, permitting and community relations. DST oversaw the process from initial idea to implementation of two facility build outs.
DST’s personnel are transloading experts through the whole lifecycle of the asset, and expert operators.
DST management has invested in creating a culture that protects its staff, contractors, property and other workers who enter their operating sites. All employees, at every level, are responsible and accountable for the company’s health and safety performance. DST participates in Di-Corp’s COR safety program and are audited on an annual basis.
DST is both a developer of terminals and an operator
Greenfield Terminals or Brownfield Expansion Projects:
- Future Terminal development: financial and market feasibility studies
- Land evaluation & selection, permitting & regulatory application management, commercial lease arrangements
- Stakeholder engagement and local community communications
- Conceptual and detailed engineering for custom storage terminals and rail designs (single or muti-commodity, proppant and/or bulk)
- Conceptual and detailed engineering for coating applications
- Design Build Project Management and/or Construction General Contracting
- Equipment procurement services and materials management
- Class 1 railway site service negotiations and siding agreements
- Operational efficiency consulting for 3rd party terminals
- Asset and equipment management plans for 3rd party terminals
- Last mile logistics coordination, supplier evaluations, or partnering agreements
DST maintains strong local market relations and supplier estimating information for purpose of providing each of the services above.